Where: Shasta County, California (40.5° N, 122.6° W: paleocoordinates 40.6° N, 78.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Ono Formation, Albian (112.0 - 99.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Ono Fm. AGE: Upper Albian, on the basis of macrofossil biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Anderson in 1929; reposited in the CAS
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: F.M. Anderson and G.D. Hanna, 1929. REPOSITORY: CAS.
Primary reference: T. Matsumoto. 1960. Upper Cretaceous ammonites of California. Part III. Memoirs of the Faculty of Science, Kyushu University Series D, Geology, Special Volume II 1-204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86818: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 18.02.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)