Where: Baja California, Mexico (30.7° N, 116.1° W: paleocoordinates 36.1° N, 92.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Maastrichtian (70.6 - 65.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an unknown lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Early Maastrichtian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Concretionary boulders at base of sea cliff; probably highest Cretaceous bed in area.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, concretionary siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Popenoe et al
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: W. P. Popenoe, H. Stager, G. Weir. REPOSITORY: UCLA.
Primary reference: T. Matsumoto. 1960. Upper Cretaceous ammonites of California. Part III. Memoirs of the Faculty of Science, Kyushu University Series D, Geology, Special Volume II 1-204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86862: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 22.02.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)