Where: Baja California, Mexico (30.6° N, 114.7° W: paleocoordinates 35.9° N, 91.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Rosario Formation, Early/Lower Maastrichtian (70.6 - 65.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Rosario Fm, for which lithostratigraphic relations are not stated. AGE: Early Maastrichtian or close to the Campanian-Maastrichtian boundary, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy; here assigned to Early Maastrichtian to avoid stratigraphic orphaning. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Santillan & Barrera
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Santillan and Barrera. REPOSITORY: UCLA.
Primary reference: T. Matsumoto. 1960. Upper Cretaceous ammonites of California. Part III. Memoirs of the Faculty of Science, Kyushu University Series D, Geology, Special Volume II 1-204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86867: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 22.02.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)