Where: San Juan County, Washington (48.9° N, 122.9° W: paleocoordinates 56.2° N, 88.7° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Campanian (83.5 - 70.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Campanian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, sandy shale
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Durbin et al in 1935
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: R. Durbin & H. L. and W. P. Popenoe. REPOSITORY: CIT (at the time of writing).
Primary reference: T. Matsumoto. 1960. Upper Cretaceous ammonites of California. Part III. Memoirs of the Faculty of Science, Kyushu University Series D, Geology, Special Volume II 1-204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86868: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 22.02.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)