Where: Orange County, California (33.6° N, 117.7° W: paleocoordinates 39.4° N, 87.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Late/Upper Campanian (83.5 - 70.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit; possibly a correlative or slightly younger of Pleasants Sandstone. AGE: Highest Campanian or possibly lowest Maastrichtian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. Here assigned to the Campanian to avoid stratigraphic orphaning. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position in local stratigraphic section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Saul in 1949
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: L. E. Saul, 1949. REPOSITORY: UCLA.
Primary reference: T. Matsumoto. 1960. Upper Cretaceous ammonites of California. Part III. Memoirs of the Faculty of Science, Kyushu University Series D, Geology, Special Volume II 1-204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86872: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 22.02.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)