Where: Shasta County, California (40.5° N, 122.2° W: paleocoordinates 45.9° N, 86.9° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Santonian (85.8 - 83.5 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an unnamed lithostratigraphic unit; Member III. AGE: Turonian in text; on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Higher part of Member III according to Popenoe, but doubtful according to author, so possibly from lower part.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Saul in 1954
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: D. Saul, 1954. REPOSITORY: UCLA (at the time).
Primary reference: T. Matsumoto. 1960. Upper Cretaceous ammonites of California. Part III. Memoirs of the Faculty of Science, Kyushu University Series D, Geology, Special Volume II 1-204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86935: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.02.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)