Where: British Columbia, Canada (53.3° N, 132.0° W: paleocoordinates 22.9° N, 110.2° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Haida Formation, Albian (112.0 - 99.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the lower sandstone member of the Haida Fm, which rests with apparent unconformity on the Jurassic Yakoun Fm, and is overlain by the shale member, which passes up into the Honna Fm. AGE: Albian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Presumably near the upper part of the local section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, concretionary, gray, green sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by McLearn; reposited in the GSC
• COLLECTOR: F. H. McLearn. REPOSITORY: USGS, presumably now at USNM.
Primary reference: F. H. McLearn. 1972. Ammonoids of the lower Cretaceous sandstone member of the Haida Formation, Skidgate Inlet, Queen Charlotte Islands, western British Columbia. Geological Bulletin of Canada Bulletin 188:1-78 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 87501: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 18.03.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)