Where: Northwest Territories, Canada (78.6° N, 97.9° W: paleocoordinates 70.7° N, 14.6° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Deer Bay Formation, Early/Lower Valanginian (140.2 - 136.4 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Deer Bay Fm, for which lithostratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: middle part of lower Valanginian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From the upper Deer Bay Fm; Bed -14 at 225 m below the assigned base of the Isachsen Fm.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the GSC
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Not stated in text. REPOSITORY: Geological Survey of Canada (GSC).
Primary reference: J. A. Jeletzky and E. Kemper. 1988. Comparative paleontology and stratigraphy of Valanginian Polyptychitinae and Simbirskitinae in Sverdrup Basin (Arctic Canada) and lower Saxony Basin (northwest Germany). Geological Survey of Canada Bulletin 377:1-220 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 87553: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 19.03.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)