Where: British Columbia, Canada (59.4° N, 124.8° W: paleocoordinates 61.4° N, 70.0° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Lepine Formation, Late/Upper Albian (105.3 - 99.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Lepine Fm, which conformably overlies the Tussock Member of the Scatter Formation in the type area and is gradationally overlain by the Sikanni Formation. The Lepine Member is included in the Buckinghorse Formation where the underlying Scatter Formation is no longer recognizable. The Lepine is equivalent to the Hasler Formation of the Pine River region. AGE: Middle to Late Albian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Collected from talus at the level about 45.7 m stratigraphically above the base of the formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Reposited in the GSC
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Not stated in text. REPOSITORY: Geological Survey of Canada (GSC).
Primary reference: J. A. Jeletzky. 1980. New or formerly poorly known, biochronologically and paleobiogeographically important gastroplitinid and cleoniceratinid (Ammonitida) taxa from Middle Albian rocks of mid-western and Arctic Canada. Geological Survey of Canada Paper 79(22):1-63 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 87645: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 22.03.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)