Where: British Columbia, Canada (53.0° N, 131.8° W: paleocoordinates 50.1° N, 84.8° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Haida Formation, Albian (112.0 - 99.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the sandstone member of the Haida Fm, which rests unconformably on the Jurassic Yakoun Fm, and is overlain by the shale member, which passes up into the Honna Fm. AGE: Albian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within local section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Reposited in the GSC
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Geological Survey of Canada (GSC).
Primary reference: J. W. Haggart. 1986. Stratigraphic investigations of the Cretaceous Queen Chartlotte Group, Queen Charlotte Islands, British Columbia. Geological Survey of Canada 86(20):1-24 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 87667: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 22.03.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)