Where: British Columbia, Canada (53.0° N, 131.8° W: paleocoordinates 53.4° N, 88.8° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Sciponoceras gracile ammonoid zone, Haida Formation, Early/Lower Cenomanian (99.6 - 93.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the shale member of the Haida Fm, which overlies the sandy member and in turn rests unconformably on the Jurassic Yakoun Fm, and is overlain by the Honna Fm. AGE: Early Cenomanian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position in local section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified shale
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Reposited in the GSC
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Geological Survey of Canada (GSC).
Primary reference: J. W. Haggart. 1986. Stratigraphic investigations of the Cretaceous Queen Chartlotte Group, Queen Charlotte Islands, British Columbia. Geological Survey of Canada 86(20):1-24 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 87692: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 23.03.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)