Where: Peru (6.7° S, 78.5° W: paleocoordinates 12.4° S, 55.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Cajamarca Formation, Late/Upper Turonian (93.5 - 89.3 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Cajamarca Fm, which is locally overlain by the Celendín Fm (Coniacian). AGE: middle to Late Turonian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy; Coilopoceras newelli zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Collection from unit 5, a 64 m thick marl unit, 112 m above base of section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified, gray, blue marl and poorly lithified, gray, blue, calcareous shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Benavides; reposited in the AMNH
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: V. E. Benavides. REPOSITORY: AMNH.
Primary reference: V.E. Benavides-Caceres. 1956. Cretaceous system in northern Peru. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History 108(4):1-493 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 88130: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)