Where: Peru (6.8° S, 78.6° W: paleocoordinates 13.5° S, 54.1° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Yumagual Formation, Early/Lower Cenomanian (99.6 - 93.5 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Yumagual Fm, which is locally overlain by the Mujarrún Fm (Cenomanian), and overlies the Pariatambo Fm (Middle Albian). AGE: Late Albian-Early Cenomanian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy; Ostrea scypax zone; placed here in Late Albian on the basis of stratigraphic position. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Collection from 84 m thick limestone unit, near the middle of the section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, nodular, gray, cherty/siliceous limestone and poorly lithified marl
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Benavides; reposited in the AMNH
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: V. E. Benavides. REPOSITORY: AMNH.
Primary reference: V.E. Benavides-Caceres. 1956. Cretaceous system in northern Peru. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History 108(4):1-493 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 88140: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)