Where: Cajamarca, Peru (6.9° S, 78.2° W: paleocoordinates 13.7° S, 53.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Romirón Formation, Late/Upper Cenomanian (99.6 - 93.5 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Romirón Fm, which locally overlies the Pullucicana Gp (Albian-Cenomanian), and is overlain by the Coñor Fm (Turonian). AGE: Late Cenomanian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy; Acanthoceras chasca zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Collection from unit 44, a 20 m thick shale unit, near middle of section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, green, yellow shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Benavides; reposited in the AMNH
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: V. E. Benavides. REPOSITORY: AMNH.
Primary reference: V.E. Benavides-Caceres. 1956. Cretaceous system in northern Peru. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History 108(4):1-493 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 88162: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 02.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)