Where: Cajamarca, Peru (6.9° S, 78.2° W: paleocoordinates 12.7° S, 50.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pulluicana Group, Late/Upper Albian (105.3 - 99.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Pulluicana Gp, which locally overlies the Crisnejas Fm (Albian), and is overlain by the Romirón Fm. AGE: Late Albian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy and stratigraphic position; Ostrea scyphax zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Collection from unit 31, a 42 m thick limestone unit, near the middle of section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: poorly lithified, gray, argillaceous limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Benavides; reposited in the AMNH
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: V. E. Benavides. REPOSITORY: AMNH.
Primary reference: V.E. Benavides-Caceres. 1956. Cretaceous system in northern Peru. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History 108(4):1-493 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 88164: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 02.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)