Where: New Mexico (36.6° N, 106.9° W: paleocoordinates 43.5° N, 78.0° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Lewis Shale Formation, Late/Upper Campanian (83.5 - 70.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Lewis Shale, for which lithostratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Late Campanian, on the ammonoid biostratigraphy; Didymoceras cheyennense zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: About unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, concretionary, brown, gray, argillaceous, calcareous shale
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Dane, Landis & Cobban, 1964. REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: W. A. Cobban, E. R. Landis, and C. H. Dane. 1974. Age relations of upper part of Lewis Shale on east side of San Juan Basin, New Mexico. New Mexico Geological Society Guidebook, 25th Field Conference, Ghost Ranch 279-282 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88559: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 14.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)