Also known as Section 423 (Shergold & Southgate, 1986)
Where: Queensland, Australia (19.5° S, 138.9° E: paleocoordinates 26.8° N, 172.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Ptychagnostus atavus trilobite zone, Inca Formation, Floran (507.0 - 505.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Inca Fm, which is a correlative of the CUrrant Brush Lmst, and overlies the Thorntonia Lmst and Beetle Creek Fm (Middle Cambrian), and is overlain by the V Creek Lmst (Middle Cambrian). AGE: Floran; Ptychagnostus atavus trilobite zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From the eighth concretion layer from the bottom, in a 15 m thick section (10 concretionary layers).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, concretionary carbonate
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: bulk,
• COLLECTOR: Not stated in text, but presumably the authors. REPOSITORY: Not stated in text.
Primary reference: M.-Z. Won and R. Below. 1999. Cambrian Radiolaria from the Georgina Basin, Queensland, Australia. Micropaleontology 45(4):325-363 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90972: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 27.08.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)