Where: Charlotte County, Florida (27.0° N, 82.0° W: paleocoordinates 27.0° N, 81.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Caloosahatchee Formation, Early/Lower Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.8 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Caloosahatchee Fm for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Early Pleistocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From lower beds.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, shelly/skeletal marl
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite
Collected by Vokes & Vokes; reposited in the FLMNH, USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: E. Vokes and H. Vokes. REPOSITORY: Florida Museum of Natural History, USNM.
Primary reference: E. H. Vokes and H. E. Vokes. Catalogue of Tulane University fossil localities. Unpublished notes. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92340: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 08.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)