Where: Glades County, Florida (26.8° N, 81.3° W: paleocoordinates 26.8° N, 80.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Late/Upper Pliocene to Late/Upper Pliocene (3.6 - 0.8 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Mixed; from Pinecrest beds ?=Pinecrest Mbr of the Tamiami Fm and the Caloosahatchee Fm. AGE: Late Pliocene-Early Pleistocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within formations.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, shelly/skeletal sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite
Collected by Vokes & Vokes; reposited in the FLMNH, USNM
Collection methods: surface (float),
• COLLECTOR: E. Vokes and H. Vokes. REPOSITORY: Florida Museum of Natural History, USNM.
Primary reference: E. H. Vokes and H. E. Vokes. Catalogue of Tulane University fossil localities. Unpublished notes. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92364: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 09.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)