Where: Orangeburg County, South Carolina (33.5° N, 80.9° W: paleocoordinates 33.6° N, 72.1° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: McBean Formation, Bartonian (40.4 - 37.2 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the McBean Fm, which regionally unconformably overlies the Black Mingo Fm (Paleocene) and is regionally unconformably Santee Limestone (Eocene); the formation is laterally equialent to the Nanjemoy Fm and the Claiborne Gp. AGE: Bartonian, on the basis of recent biostratigraphic dating. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From a thin sandstone band in an unknown position within the formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Burns in 1886
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: F. Burns, 1886. REPOSITORIES: Unknown.
Primary reference: C. W. Cooke. 1936. Geology of the Coastal Plain of South Carolina. United States Geological Survey Bulletin 837 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92490: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 16.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)