Where: Costa Rica (10.0° N, 83.0° W: paleocoordinates 9.9° N, 82.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Moin Formation, Late/Upper Pliocene (3.6 - 2.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Moin Fm, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Late Pliocene; following Collins and Coates (1999). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite
Collected by Vokes & Vokes; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: E. Vokes and H. Vokes. REPOSITORY: Florida Museum of Natural History; USNM.
Primary reference: E. H. Vokes and H. E. Vokes. Catalogue of Tulane University fossil localities. Unpublished notes. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92575: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)