Where: Panama (9.1° N, 79.6° W: paleocoordinates 8.1° N, 77.2° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Emperador Limestone Member (Culebra Formation), Aquitanian (23.0 - 20.4 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Emperador Limestone Member of the La Boca Formation. Orginally placed in Caimito, but emended by Woodring (1970), and then Kirby et al. (2009). AGE: Early Miocene in text; direct date extrapolated from Kirby et al. (1999), =Aquitanian.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Not stated in text. REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: W. P. Woodring. 1982. Geology and paleontology of canal zone and adjoing parts of Panama: Description of Tertiary mollusks (Pelecypods: Propeamussiidae to Cuspidariidae). United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 306(F) [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 93241: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 08.01.2010
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)