Where: Los Angeles County, California (34.3° N, 118.7° W: paleocoordinates 34.1° N, 117.4° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pliocene (5.3 - 2.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Unknown lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Middle Pliocene, according to text. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within local section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Gale in 1927
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: H.R. Gale, 1927. REPOSITORY: San Diego Museum of Natural History.
Primary reference: U. S. Grant and H. R. Gale. 1931. Catalogue of the Marine Pliocene and Pleistocene Mollusca of California. Memoirs of the San Diego Society of Natural History 1 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 96908: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 11.07.2010
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)