Where: Alberta, Canada (52.9° N, 118.1° W: paleocoordinates 1.5° S, 72.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: A zone, Putty Shale Member (Survey Peak Formation), Tremadoc (488.3 - 478.6 Ma)
• The deposits comprise detrital belts near the margin of Laurentia. Part of the Ordovician Ibex Series.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified, sandy dolomite
Reposited in the GSC
• Brachiopods are mentioned to occur in the formation, but their placement and lower taxa names are not given. An index of A to M is used to designate Ordovician biozones (Ross, 1949, 1951a, p.27-29) for the Wilcox Pass Area.
Primary reference: W. T. Dean. 1989. Trilobites from the Survey Peak, Outram and Skoki Formations (Upper Cambrian-Lower Ordovician) at Wilcox Pass, Jasper National Park, Alberta). Geological Survey of Canada Bulletin (389)1-141 [M. Patzkowsky/P. Borkow/P. Borkow] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 11021: authorized by Mark Patzkowsky, entered by Phil Borkow on 09.07.2001