Where: Schoharie County, New York (42.4° N, 74.5° W: paleocoordinates 36.0° S, 22.8° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Oneonta Formation, Frasnian (383.7 - 376.1 Ma)
• Oneonta 7 m, near the base of the formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: mold/impression, adpression, permineralized, replaced with limonite, replaced with carbon
Collection methods: quarrying, mechanical,
• Collected by E. Boghrati, G. Crider, R. Hager, J. Fallon, J.D. Grierson and C. Tannenbaum in Oct. 14 1978.
Primary reference: W. E. Stein. 2002. SUNY-Binghamton Paleobiology Collection. [W. Stein/N. Smith/N. Smith] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 28089: authorized by Bill Stein, entered by Manuela Gonzalez on 23.01.2003