Where: Ecuador (4.0° S, 79.0° W: paleocoordinates 4.6° S, 76.5° W)
• coordinate based on political unit
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: San Cayetano Formation, Miocene to Miocene (23.0 - 5.3 Ma)
• The plant collection is limited to a single bed, however, the refernce does not distinguish between beds in the Formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: fluvial-lacustrine; lithified shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying, mechanical,
• Collection is much larger than reorted here. Only 2 specimens mentioned in the paper, but more are waiting to be studied.
Primary reference: R. J. Burnham. 1995. A new species of winged fruit from the Miocene of Ecuador: Tipuana ecuatoriana (Leguminosae). American Journal of Botany 82(12):1599-1607 [E. Kowalski/E. Kowalski/E. Kowalski] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 28395: authorized by Elizabeth Kowalski, entered by Elizabeth Kowalski on 11.02.2003