Also known as Peace River Area - Peace River Formation - Cadotte Member - Section 7 - Sample #7-C-3
Where: Alberta, Canada (56.7° N, 117.2° W: paleocoordinates 57.2° N, 65.2° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Cadotte Member (Peace River Formation), Middle Albian to Middle Albian (109.0 - 99.6 Ma)
• This sample is in the Gastroplites Ammonite Zone.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Size class: microfossils
Preservation: original sporopollenin
Collection methods: surface (in situ), chemical, sieve,
• Singh states that samples were sieved with a 100um seive, but that the residue in the sieve was scanned for identifiable specimens, thus no sieve size is entered.
Primary reference: C. Singh. 1971. Lower Cretaceous Microfloras of the Peace River area, northwestern Alberta. Bulletin of the Alberta Research Council 28(1):1-299 [R. Lupia/B. Wilborn/B. Wilborn] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 31590: authorized by Rick Lupia, entered by Tiffany Naeher on 19.05.2003