Also known as Red Deer River Valley, near Scollard, Alberta; Slide #PB/M4/5, 5; 7.35 m below Battle Fm. contact (Whitemud Formation)
Where: Alberta, Canada (52.0° N, 113.0° W: paleocoordinates 58.5° N, 73.8° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Whitemud Formation, Late/Upper Cretaceous to Late/Upper Cretaceous (99.6 - 65.5 Ma)
• New species come from the Upper or Middle Members of the Whitemud Formation, Cypress Hills area, Late Maastrichtian.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; sandstone
Size class: microfossils
Preservation: original sporopollenin
Collection methods: surface (in situ), chemical, sieve,
• Balmeisporites, Azolla, and seed cuticles are also associated with this sample.
Primary reference: P. L. Binda and E.M.V. Nambudiri. 1988. Two new species of Erlansonisporites from the Whitemud Formation (Maastrichtian), Alberta, Canada. Pollen et Spores 30(2):231-242 [R. Lupia/T. Naeher/T. Naeher] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 33442: authorized by Rick Lupia, entered by Tiffany Naeher on 30.07.2003