Where: Florida (29.3° N, 83.1° W: paleocoordinates 29.4° N, 76.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• basin-level geographic resolution
When: Suwannee Limestone Formation, Early/Lower Oligocene (33.9 - 28.4 Ma)
• Data a composite of Suwannee Limestone localities in Florida.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified, dolomitic, shelly/skeletal, white, yellow, cherty/siliceous limestone
Size classes: macrofossils, microfossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Reposited in the USNM
• Compilation of known taxa from Suwannee Limestone, Florida State. Comprises range on unspecified collecting techniques.
Primary reference: C. W. Oyen and R. W. Portell. 2001. Diversity patterns and biostratigraphy of Cenozoic echinodems from Florida. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 166:193-218 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 35013: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.10.2003
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)