Also known as USGS 13754
Where: Tamaulipas, Mexico (26.3° N, 98.8° W: paleocoordinates 27.4° N, 91.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Roma Sandstone Member (Jackson Formation), Late/Upper Eocene (37.2 - 33.9 Ma)
• The Jackson Group of Mexico and the Gulf Coastal Plain is here considered as a formation. The Jackson Formation can be subdivided into three members, the basal "Roma Sandstone" and middle and upper members (no lithostratigraphic name). No comments are made on relations to Gulf Coastal Plain units, but the enterer considers that the Jackson Formation of this collection is equivalent in age (late Eocene) as the Jackson Group (Gulf Coastal Plain).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified, fine-grained, gray sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collections reposited in USGS and USNM collections.
Primary reference: J. Gardner. 1945. Mollusca of the Tertiary formations of Northeastern Mexico. Geological Society of American Memoir 11 [M. Kosnik/M. Kosnik/M. Kosnik] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 43062: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 09.08.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)