Where: Nepal (29.5° N, 83.1° E: paleocoordinates 53.2° S, 61.5° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Nangung Formation (Namlang Group), Wuchiapingian (259.0 - 254.0 Ma)
• Nangung Formation is correlated with the Kalabagh Member of the Salt Range based on brachiopods, which is Wuchiapingian in age. Overall unit is 30 m thick, includes collections 1334, 1335, 1336.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified mudstone and lithified siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, original calcite
Collection methods: bulk,
• Some collections were of individual specimens, others as large as possible under the circumstances, with a few localities represented by rock weighing more than 50 kg. Most collections were made from just over 50 measured sections, and are under good stratigraphic control.
Primary reference: J. B. Waterhouse. 1978. Permian Brachiopoda and Mollusca from north-west Nepal. Palaeontographica Abteilung A 160(1-6):1-175 [D. Bottjer/M. Clapham/M. Clapham] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 43117: authorized by David Bottjer, entered by Matthew Clapham on 10.08.2004