Also known as D-1057
Where: Frensno County, California (35.9° N, 120.2° W: paleocoordinates 34.9° N, 114.1° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Temblor Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• Collection made from two prominent oyster beds and from coarse sandstone bed below the lower oyster bed. upper fossil bed is about 15 ft below the base of massive reef beds of locality D-1058. Locality is approx. 20 ft above locality D-1056. From faunizone A (zone 2) (for that reason assigned an early Miocene age).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; shelly/skeletal, sandy mixed carbonate-siliciclastic sediments and coarse-grained sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the UCMP
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collected by O. Adegoke. Collectetions reposited at UCMP.
Primary reference: O.S. Adegoke. 1969. Stratigraphy and paleontology of the marine Neogene formations of the Coalinga region, California. University of California Publications in Geological Sciences 80 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 44922: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.09.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)