Also known as D-1049
Where: Frensno County, California (36.0° N, 120.2° W: paleocoordinates 35.2° N, 115.9° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Temblor Formation, Middle Miocene (16.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• About 75 ft stratigraphically above locality D-1048. Fossils occur in hard sandstone concretions embedded in soft sandstone. From faunizone B (zone 3) (for that reason assigned an middle Miocene age).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, concretionary, silty sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the UCMP
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collected by O. Adegoke. Collectetions reposited at UCMP.
Primary reference: O.S. Adegoke. 1969. Stratigraphy and paleontology of the marine Neogene formations of the Coalinga region, California. University of California Publications in Geological Sciences 80 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 44938: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.09.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)