Also known as LOLM
Where: Canterbury, New Zealand (44.8° S, 171.2° E: paleocoordinates 52.1° S, 169.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Lower Otaio Limonitic Member (Waihao Greensand Formation), Late/Upper Eocene (37.2 - 33.9 Ma)
• From the Lower Otaio Limonitic member of the Waihao Greensand. Bortonian in age (Late Eocene). Cemented band and lower 2 m over overlying greensand. Overlies Lower Greensand Member.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: deep-water; lithified, ferruginous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Material reposited in IGNS collections (NZ Geol. Surv.). Collected by P.A. Maxwell and others.
Primary reference: P. A. Maxwell. 1992. Eocene Mollusca from the vicinity of McCulloch's Bridge, Waihao River, South Canterbury, New Zealand: Paleoecology and systematics. New Zealand Geological Survey Paleontological Bulletin 65:1-280 [M. Uhen/M. Uhen/M. Uhen] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 45040: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 29.09.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)