Also known as Ratcliffe Brook (RBr)
Where: New Brunswick, Canada (45.4° N, 65.8° W: paleocoordinates 69.5° S, 64.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Fossil Brook Member (Chamberlain's Brook Formation), St Davids (513.0 - 501.0 Ma)
• AGE: Acadian series. Correlated with the bae of the Caesaraugustian Stage in Spain and middle of the Toushamian Stage in Morocco, and can be informally regarded as indicating an interval in the transition from the lower Middle to middle Middle Cambrian. Assigned to St Davids stage based on correlation with age range of Acadian.
•SPECIFIC COMMENTS: Lower Fossil Brook Member.
•GENERAL COMMENTS: Thin (up to 14m thick) distinctive unit, unconformity bound depositional sequence. It forms the top of the green, pruple, and red siliciclastic mudstone-dominated Chambelain's Brook Formation (lower Middle Cambrian, up to 160m thick) and underlies the dark gray and bvlack mudstone-dominated Manuels River Formation (middle Middle Cambrian, up to 60m thick).
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; concretionary, shelly/skeletal, gray, green mudstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• Collected by Kim, Westrop and Landing; supplemented with collections from PRI, ROM, and New York State Museum; material reposited at ROM, New Brunswick Museum (NBMG) and New York State Museum.
Primary reference: D. H. Kim, S.R. Westrop, and E. Landing. 2002. Middle Cambrian (Acadian series) conocoryphid and paradoxidid trilobites from the upper Chamberlain's Brook Formation, Newfoundland and New Brunswick. Journal of Paleontology 76(5):822-842 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 49061: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 07.04.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)