Also known as Chesapeake Ranch Club
Where: St Marys County, Maryland (38.3° N, 76.4° W: paleocoordinates 38.5° N, 74.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Little Cove Point Member (St Marys Formation), Late/Upper Miocene (11.6 - 5.3 Ma)
• Chesapeake Ranch Club; Upper Miocene (Tortonian), Little Cove Point beds, St Marys Formation, Zones 21-23. AGE: Late Miocene (equivalent to Tortonian) according to Ward (1992).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: estuary or bay; diatomaceous claystone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collected from bulk samples and individuals specimens.
Primary reference: D. B. Kline. 1997. Systematics and biostratigraphy of Miocene Cirripedia of the Chesapeake Group; Maryland, North Carolina, and Virginia. Unpublished Masters thesis, University of North Carolina, Wilmington [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 51717: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 14.06.2005, edited by Mark Uhen
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)