Also known as Record 61
Where: Douglas County, Oregon (43.0° N, 123.1° W: paleocoordinates 40.2° N, 71.3° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Dotham Formation (Myrtle Group), Berriasian (145.5 - 140.2 Ma)
• Presumably from Dotham Formation, Myrtle Group. Lithostratigraphy is unclear. The Myrtle Group consists of Late Jurassic and Early to Middle Cretaceos turbidite and mass flow deposits considered to be either arc basin and or post-orogenic flysch basins syntectonic with waning phases of arc collapse. The Dotham Formation comprises low grade sub-pumpellyite facies, and pumpellyite bearing graywacke and semischistose graywacke, and scattered limestone. Macrofossil biostratigraphy suggests an Berriasian age.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: basinal (); lithified sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collected by D. Bukry (1993). Collections presumably reposited at USGS Menlo Park or USNM.
Primary reference: R. E. Wells, A. S. Jayko, A.R. Niem, G. Black, T. Wiley, E. Baldwin, K. Molenaar, K.L. Wheeler, C.B. DuRoss and R.W. Givler. 2000. Geologic Map and Database of the Roseburg 30 x 60' Quadrangle, Douglas and Coos Counties, Oregon. United States Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-367 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 52311: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 03.08.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)