Also known as Field No. 19, Bed 21
Where: Northwest Territories, Canada (67.9° N, 135.4° W: paleocoordinates 70.5° N, 65.8° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Upper Member (Mount Goodenough Formation), Barremian (130.0 - 125.5 Ma)
• 35-37 ft thick siltstone, 403-442 ft from base of section; from Crioceras (Hoplocrioceras) cf. redmoni biozone; classified as "upper member" of "upper shale-siltstone division" in Jeletzky (1958); Jeletzky (1958) and Fowler and Braun (1993) assign this biozone a Barremian age.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: transition zone or lower shoreface; poorly lithified, gray sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the GSC
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collected by Jeletzky; presumably reposited in GSC collections .
Primary reference: J. A. Jeletzky. 1958. Uppermost Jurassic and Cretaceous rocks of Aklavik Range, Northeastern Richardson Mountains, Northwest Territories. Geological Survey of Canada, Paper 58(2):1-84 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 55861: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 06.11.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)