Also known as Bed 2, Field No. 161
Where: Yukon, Canada (68.2° N, 138.1° W: paleocoordinates 71.1° N, 55.7° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Bluish Grey Shale Formation, Valanginian (140.2 - 136.4 Ma)
• 257 ft thick shale, about 274 ft above base of section; classified as "bluish grey shale division" in Jeletzky (1961); Jeletzky (1961) assigns this unit a Valanginian age.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified, brown, gray, blue, silty shale
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the GSC
Collection methods: surface (float),
• Collections presumably reposited in Geological Survey of Canada.
Primary reference: J. A. Jeletzky. 1961. Upper Jurassic and Lower Cretaceous rocks, west flank of Richardson Mountains between the headwaters of Blow River and Bell RIver, Yukon Territory. Geological Survey of Canada, Paper 61(9):1-27 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 55941: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 08.11.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)