Where: Yukon, Canada (68.3° N, 138.3° W: paleocoordinates 67.2° N, 49.9° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Upper Shale-Siltstone Division Formation, Hauterivian (136.4 - 130.0 Ma)
• Collection a composite from the "upper shale-siltstone division" unit of the White Mountains section. This collection is from the lower part of the division, within the "Simbirskites kleini" biozone of Jeletzky (1960), which is assigned a Hauterivian age.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; sandstone and siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the GSC
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collection is a composite derived from Fig. 8 of Jeletzky (1978), and amalgamated from occurrences of individual taxa on composite columns for individual lithostratigraphic units. Collections presumably are reposited in the Geological Survey of Canada collections.
Primary reference: J. A. Jeletzky. 1975. Jurassic and Lower Cretaceous paleogeographgy and depositional tectonics of Porcupine Plateau. adjacent areas of Northern Yukon and those of MacKensie District. Geological Survey of Canada, Paper 74(16):1-52 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 56036: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 10.11.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)