Where: Miyagi, Japan (38.7° N, 141.4° E: paleocoordinates 29.2° N, 117.1° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Toyoma Formation, Wuchiapingian (259.0 - 254.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Shale of Toyoma Fm unconformably underlies Early Triassic Hiraiso Fm.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; lithified, black, sandy shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTOR: Unknown, presumably M. Ehiro. REPOSITORY: IGPS (Institute of Geology and Paleontology, Graduate School of Sciences, Tohoku University).
Primary reference: M. Ehiro. 2001. Some addition Wuchiapingian (Late Permian) ammonoids from the Southern Kitakami Massif, Northeast Japan. Paleontological Research 5(2):111-114 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 61934: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 08.07.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)