Where: Cochise County, Arizona (31.4° N, 109.9° W: paleocoordinates 32.0° N, 63.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pacheta Member (Lowell Formation), Aptian (125.5 - 112.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Overlying the Morita Fm (Aptian) and underlying the Joserita Mbr (Aptian) of the Lowell Fm (Aptian-Albian). THICKNESS: 4 ft thick bed. AGE: Aptian, based on ammonite and trigoniid biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Immediately above Bed 9d and below Bed 9b of the Pacheta Mbr.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified, glauconitic, shelly/skeletal, argillaceous, cherty/siliceous limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the USNM
• COLLECTOR: A. Stoyanow, assisted by G. Scott, J.B. Reeside, and R.W. Imlay. REPOSITORY: USNM, Washington and U. Texas and Bureau of Economic Geology, Texas.
Primary reference: A. Stoyanow. 1949. Lower Cretaceous stratigraphy in southeastern Arizona. Geological Society of America Memoir 38:1-156 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 65009: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 18.09.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)