Where: South Africa (27.9° S, 32.3° E: paleocoordinates 49.0° S, 11.1° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Mzinene Formation, Late/Upper Albian (105.3 - 99.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Mzinene Fm, which regionally overlies the Aptian-Albian Makatini Fm. THICKNESS: Beds of unknown thickness from within the ~20 m section thickness. AGE: Albian V (=Late Albian?) based on ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Loose material from within the formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the BMNH
• COLLECTORS: Collected by authors (W. Kennedy and H. Klinger) during 1970-1971. REPOSITORY: BMNH.
Primary reference: W. J. Kennedy and H.C. Klinger. 1975. Cretaceous faunas from Zululand and Natal, South Africa. Introduction, Stratigraphy. Bulletin of the British Museum of Natural History 25(4):265-315 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 66071: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 27.09.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)