Where: Costa Rica (8.0° N, 82.9° W: paleocoordinates 7.9° N, 82.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Charco Azul Formation, Pliocene (5.3 - 2.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From Charco Azul Formation (Olsson 1942), which unconformably underlies the Armurelles Fm (Pleistocene). AGE: Pliocene as it is overlain by very different Pleistocene fauna Age supported by other sources, including Collins and Coates (1999). Correlated to Jama and Canoa Formations of Ecuador.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; unlithified, tuffaceous shale
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the PRI
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTORS: Collected by Mr Terry. REPOSITORIES: Collections reposited at PRI.
Primary reference: A. A. Olsson. 1942. Tertiary and Quaternary fossils from Burica Peninsula of Panama and Costa Rica. Bulletins of American Paleontology 27(106):1-106 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 66796: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 16.10.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)