Where: Palm Beach County, Florida (26.7° N, 80.7° W: paleocoordinates 26.7° N, 80.7° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Belle Glade Member (Bermont Formation), Middle Pleistocene (0.8 - 0.1 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Presumably from Bermont Formation, formely referred to as the "Glades" unit (McGinty 1970, Hoerle 1970), or Unit A (Olsson 1964), which overlies the Caloosahatchee Fm (Plio-Pleistocene) and underlies the Pleistocene Fort Thompson Fm. THICKNESS: Unknown thickness of unit, or strata from which collection was obtained. AGE: Middle Pleistocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within formation, presumably collection represents the entire unit.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: transition zone or lower shoreface; unlithified, shelly/skeletal, silty marl
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite, original calcite
Reposited in the FMNH
Collection methods: bulk, quarrying, surface (float),
• COLLECTOR: R.C. Hoerle, S. Hoerle, T.L. McGinty and P. McGinty. REPOSITORY: Probably within private collections, though much of T.L. McGinty's collection is now reposited at FLMNH.
Primary reference: T. L. McGinty. 1970. Mollusca of the "Glades" unit in southern Florida: Part I Introduction and observations. Tulane Studies in Geology and Paleontology 8(2):53-56 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 67071: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 06.11.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)