Where: Calvert County, Maryland (38.4° N, 76.4° W: paleocoordinates 38.5° N, 74.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Little Cove Point Member (St Mary's Formation), Late/Upper Miocene (11.6 - 5.3 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Little Cove Point Mbr of St Mary's Fm, Chesapeake Group. AGE: Late Miocene (equivalent to Tortonian) according to Ward (1992). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within member.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, coarse-grained, shelly/skeletal sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite, original calcite
Reposited in the PRI
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTOR: Unknown collector. REPOSITORY: PRI. FIDELITY: Moderate ecologic fidelity.
Primary reference: A. J. W. Hendy, D. P. Buick, K. V. Bulinski, C. A. Ferguson, and A. I. Miller. 2008. Unpublished census data from Atlantic coastal plain and circum-Caribbean Neogene assemblages and taxonomic opinions. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 69017: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 15.02.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)