Where: Palm Beach County, Florida (26.7° N, 80.4° W: paleocoordinates 26.6° N, 80.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Anastasia Formation, Late/Upper Pleistocene (0.1 - 0.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Presumably from Anastasia Fm. AGE: Late Pleistocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within formation. See Sellards (1912) for original description - Sellards, E. H., 1912, Florida Geological Survey Fourth Annual Report, p. 1-79.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, shelly/skeletal, sandy siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite, original calcite
Collected by Sleight in 1948; reposited in the PRI
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTOR: V.G. Sleight, 1948. REPOSITORY: PRI.
Primary reference: A. J. W. Hendy, D. P. Buick, K. V. Bulinski, C. A. Ferguson, and A. I. Miller. 2008. Unpublished census data from Atlantic coastal plain and circum-Caribbean Neogene assemblages and taxonomic opinions. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 69085: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.02.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)