Where: Kern County, California (35.0° N, 119.2° W: paleocoordinates 33.4° N, 109.4° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pleito Formation (San Lorenzo Group), Early/Lower Oligocene (33.9 - 28.4 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Pleito Fm of the San Lorenzo Group, which unconformably overlies the San Emigdio Fm (Late Eocene), and is unconformably overlain by the Pleito Fm (Early Oligocene) of the San Lorenzo Group. THICKNESS: From bed within unit of formation that reaches 600 ft in thicknes. AGE: Late Eocene on the basis of molluscan biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From middle unit of the formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, shelly/skeletal, brown, gray, blue, conglomeratic sandstone and lithified, fine-grained, shelly/skeletal sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the UCMP
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Presumably C. M. Wagner and K. H. Schilling (1917). REPOSITORY: Univeristy of California Collections of Invertebrate Paleontology, presumably UCMP.
Primary reference: C. M. Wagner and K. H. Schilling. 1923. The San Lorenzo Group of the San Emigdio region, California. University of California Publications, Bulletin of the Department of Geological Sciences 14(6):235-276 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 71200: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.04.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)