Where: India (23.5° N, 87.5° E: paleocoordinates 14.7° N, 85.3° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit, unconformably overlying Pre-Cambrian basement rocks. THICKNESS: From horizon within bore of at least 225.5 m thickness. AGE: Early Miocene STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From depth of 98.0 m.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: transition zone or lower shoreface; poorly lithified, gray, white, argillaceous mudstone and poorly lithified marl
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: core,
• COLLECTORS: Presumably the authors, S. Bera, M, Manerjee, and T. Lahiri. REPOSITORY: Not stated in text, but possibly the Palaeobotony and Palynology Laboratory, Department of Botany, University of Calcutta.
Primary reference: S. Bera, M. Banerjee, and T. C. Lahiri. 1996. Tertiary molluscs from the western margin of Bengal Basin, India, with special reference to biostratigraphy and paleoenvironment. Journal of the Paleontological Society of India 41:145-159 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 72167: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 26.05.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)