Where: Antarctica (64.3° S, 56.8° W: paleocoordinates 64.3° S, 58.7° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Telm 7 Member (La Meseta Formation), Late/Upper Eocene (37.2 - 33.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Telm 7 of the La Meseta Fm, which overlies the Cross Valley Fm and is unconformably overlain by Quaternary deposits. THICKNESS: Unknown, within 294 m thick section. AGE: Late Eocene (Bartonian-Priabonian). Upper parts of Telm 7 could be of Early Oligocene age as discussed by Stilwell and Zinsmeister 1992 (p. 20), though placed in the Late Eocene by those authors. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Near top of section; equivalent to PU 1061.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified, medium-grained, coarse, brown sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: J. D. Stilwell and M. O. Woodburne, December, 1986. REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: J. D. Stilwell and W. J. Zinsmeister. 1992. Molluscan Systematics and Biostratigraphy. Antarctic Research Series, AGU 55 [L. Ivany/L. Ivany] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 72393: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.06.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)